Monday, January 21, 2013

DI Spice cabinet

I picked up this little gem at DI last week. When I bought it I had no idea what to use if for and originally was going to take out the shelves until I thought about turning it into my spice rack! My old spice layout was really disorganized and I ended up re-buying a few spices due to not seeing I had them already. 
I started by taking to door off and giving it a nice all around sand
Then I added the first coat of grey
After a few coats and letting it dry over night I began to sand it 
I usually get to excited to let it dry a full 12 hours and end up not achieving a good sand due to tacky paint. This little beauty sanded like a champ when I let it actually dry. Who'da thunk?!  
Finally I loaded up the shelves and put it on my counter.  
I just Love the way it looks in my kitchen! I'm still thinking about lining the shelves or back drop with fabric or scrap booking paper. Either way I love my $6.00 Shabby Chic spice rack!

3 comments:

  1. Really cool spice cabinet! Can you make all that at work?! Love all your crafty posts! I wish I had time to make all those cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a great idea; it's so easy to lose track of spices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect makeover! Wonderful job! I love how paint can change a piece like this SO much! THank you SO much for linking up at the "Thrift It" challenge!!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete