Monday, January 28, 2013

Wood designed frames

I was on etsy last month and saw the CUTEST wood blocked picture frames! I didn't want to spend the $125 they were asking and thought I could totally do that!

What you'll need:

Block of wood
Frame
paint
stencil, Painters tape or anything to help you with design
scotch Velcro (I got mine in little circles to fit the frame)
Hook to place on back to hang
Sandpaper 
First you want to sand down and paint the wood and picture frame. I thought I would want a yellow picture frame then decided white...letting it dry over night. 
I did this one chevron print so once it was taped off I painted the stripes white
Then after pulled the painted tape off after it was completely dry 
Both the picture frame (now white) and board were way to shinny so I gave them both a good ol' sanding 
I was originally going to cut out a square in the middle of the board but then decided on using these little beauties (Velcro circles) so we could change the picture in the frame.  
I used 1 on each corner of the picture frame 
Then placed the hooks on the back.
I am IN LOVE with the way they accent my living room! You could put pictures or paper in the frames. All in all each one cost me $5! 

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I am going to try this! Especially if it's less than $10

    Hopping on over from the link up!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information and the detail were just perfect. I think that your perspective is deep, its just well thought out and really fantastic to see someone.

    ReplyDelete